Mazuma Strikes Landmark Deal with Software Giant FreshBooks
The UK’s leading online accountancy firm for small and micro businesses has been chosen to join forces with the FreshBooks, the number 2 small business invoicing and accounting software in America, with paying customers in 100+ countries.
Mazuma has a proven track record of being tech-focused and working with cutting-edge companies to provide unparalleled service to micro businesses.
That caught the eye of Toronto-based software company FreshBooks, which chose Mazuma to give its clients access to a range of online services which they can use to manage and grow their businesses.
The companies work well together thanks to a similar vision for how the latest technology can be used to transform business and simplify important processes for clients.
From the estimate stage to managing projects, time tracking, invoicing, claiming expenses, reporting, and accounting, FreshBooks’ all-in-one invoicing and accounting software makes it a seamless process. It is also Making Tax Digital compliant, automates payment and helps cashflow with its Direct Debit function, and allows project collaboration.
FreshBooks has paying customers in over 100 countries, and its software is designed exclusively for freelancers and growing service-based business owners.
Mazuma co-founder Lucy Cohen said: “Knowing your numbers is so important in business. It’s the difference between making a profit or loss, between a business struggling or being able to grow and expand.
“This is a prestigious partnership and is excellent for our clients because using FreshBooks helps business owners enormously.
“It runs your invoicing and has auto reminders to nudge people into payment, has the facility for online credit card payments and bank transfers, and offers payment schedules for your clients to make partial payments against bigger invoices and help their cash flow.
“In the UK, it is also HMRC compatible and Making Tax Digital compliant, allowing you to create VAT returns and file them with HMRC.
“FreshBooks also offers Direct Debit, where clients can pay by bank transfer directly on invoices and the invoice is automatically marked as paid. This automates reconciliation.
“We chose this partnership with FreshBooks because of its status as a major global player in cloud accounting software and its excellent reputation in providing an easy to use platform for small business owners.
“FreshBooks carried out a customer survey with more than 2,000 respondents which showed their clients save 192 hours a year by using the software. That allows entrepreneurs to put more energy into serving their customers and finding new business, rather than chasing invoices or totting up mileage.
“Our clients now have the opportunity to join a community of 24 million people who have used FreshBooks, a company which has been recognised with ten Stevie awards for the best customer service in the world.”
The software also has:
- Proposals and estimates – Where you can pitch to clients for work, estimate costs, and use e-signatures to approve it.
- Client account statements – To keep clients in the loop about their payments and give them a transaction history.
- Projects – Where you can collaborate on work with clients.
- Due Dates – Where you can set the payment date.
- Expense and mileage tracking – Organising receipts and logging trips.
“Based on their track record of providing seamless accounting services and their dedication to helping entrepreneurs flourish, partnering with Mazuma was an easy decision to make. FreshBooks is excited to support Mazuma as it continues to grow within the UK,” said Matt Baker, SVP, Corporate Development & International for FreshBooks.
For further information or to arrange an interview with Lucy Cohen, please call Maria Williams on 07790 654274.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
- Bridgend-based Mazuma is the UK’s leading accountancy firm for small and micro businesses.
- It provides hassle-free, online accounting to businesses across the UK.
- Mazuma uses a combination of cutting-edge technology and the expertise and experience of chartered accountants to create an accounting service that can truly make a difference to its clients. Click here to find out more about the business.
- Mazuma won the Account and Tax Adviser of the Year award at the British Business Awards 2019 and the British Small Business Awards 2018.
- Lucy is a mentor who offers help and advice to start-up businesses through the 5 to 9 programme at Welsh ICE. She won Accounting Personality of the Year in 2009 and was a finalist in the Institute of Directors Awards 2019 after being named Wales Director of the Year in the innovation category. She is also a finalist in the Practice Pioneer category of the Accounting Excellence Awards 2020.
- Lucy is on the Advisory Board for AccountingWEB Live which is due to be held in the RICOH Arena, Coventry, on December 2 and 3.
- This year, Lucy was appointed as a Specialist Advisor to the Economic Strategy Board for the Swansea Bay City Deal; a £1.3bn project to invest in the area.
Win a year of Accountancy and Insurance
We’ve teamed up with our partners Create Insurance to offer people in the creative industry the chance to win a year’s worth of insurance and Accountancy services. 2020 was a tough year for freelancers in the creative space, so we’re hoping we can get 2021 off to a better start…
Lockdown 2.0 and New National Measures for England
New national lockdown for England and changes to business support measures Even though the devolved Nations have been performing varying degrees of lockdown over the last few months, including a “firebreak” lockdown in Wales which ends on the 9th November, the announcement of a National lockdown in England has a…
Lucy Cohen Wins Prestigious Accountancy Award
The co-founder of the UK’s leading online accountancy firm for small and micro businesses is celebrating a win at a prestigious accountancy award ceremony. Mazuma co-founder Lucy Cohen was named Woman of the Year – Technician at the first ever Women in Accountancy and Finance Awards in London. The event,…