If you’re thinking it’s time to consider switching accountants, you might also be contemplating if it’s really worth it – not mention, where do you start? All the extra hassle and stress, surely it’s going to be a total pain… Well, we’re here to tell you it is actually way easier than you think.
Keep reading to find out how easy it can be to switch accountants.
Why switch accountants?
If you’re feeling that the relationship with your current accountant isn’t going well, it could be time to break up. From poor customer service to unexpected fees, or a lack of help with Making Tax Digital, you shouldn’t have to suffer with bad service. There’s more to it than just adding up the numbers! It’s important that your accountant understands your business and that their services suit your needs.
What should I think about before I switch?
The most important step of switching accountants is to find the right fit for you. There are lots of options out there, so make sure you’re choosing an accountant that offers all the services you need for your business. Mazuma, for example, provides a hassle-free, online accountancy service and works specifically with small and micro businesses. An ideal partner for freelancers, startups, sole traders and limited companies! Different accountants will have different specialties, so make sure you take the time to find one that’s right for you and your business.
It’s also important to check how much your new accountant is going to cost – will there be a fixed fee for the year, or will there be extra fees for answering emails and phone calls? Every business does it differently, so keep this in mind when looking for a new accountant.
Should I switch to an online accountant?
Online accountants are an ideal solution for people who don’t love spending hours doing their own bookkeeping and completing dull data entry for their business. Yes, all those things need to happen, but wouldn’t life be easier if your accountant did all that for you rather than just seeing you once a year and expecting you to do all the bookkeeping in the meantime? It doesn’t have to be that way.
Head over to our blog about the difference between traditional and online accountants to find out more info!
I’ve found an accountant I like – how do I switch?
Once you’ve settled on a new accountant (congrats!), you need to inform your current one. Make sure you’ve checked your original terms with them to see if there is a notice period for you cancelling services. Then your new accountant can get to work transferring all your info across – it’s as simple as that!
How does Mazuma do it?
You’re just a few simple steps away from a better accountancy relationship with Mazuma. Here’s how we do things…
- First things first, contact us for a free, no obligation quote. It takes just 2 minutes to fill out and you’ll get an instant final price for our services. No estimates, no messing you around. You can find out more about what our awesome monthly accountancy package actually includes on our website (spoiler alert, it’s great value from just £28 plus VAT a month).
- After that, a member of the team will get in touch to collect any further details we need and to give you an opportunity to ask any questions that you have – just like the start of any good relationship.
- Then comes the dreaded time to break it off with your previous accountant… Only you don’t have to! Yep that’s right, we’ll take care of sending a letter to them. No awkward conversations, no uncomfortable emails. No worries.
- Your Mazuma accountant will take care of getting all your information from your previous accountant. We’re with you every step of the way so it’ll be smooth sailing from the outset.
- Once we’ve got everything set up, we take care of all your business accounting needs. From bookkeeping to VAT returns, and even dealing with the dreaded HMRC. That leaves you more time to focus on what you do best – running your business like an absolute boss.
So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with Mazuma!
If you have further questions about switching to us your online accountant you can chat to us on 0333 0143369, drop us an email to [email protected], or get a quote.